Friday, February 13, 2009

"Carpe Diem!"- The Semi-Existential First Post

I have been alive for 19 years, 7 months, 4 days, 14 hours, and 2 minutes. It's been a really crazy run so far, too. So why, after 19 years, 7 months, 4 days, and now 3 minutes, have I decided to begin logging my experiences in the digital medium? Because I realize, after 19 years, 7 months, 14 hours, and now 4 minutes, that time moves with or without me. I'm the one who gets to decide the life I live, the dreams I pursue, the adventures I take, and the experiences I have.
However, this post is not a lament of life wasted, because I feel that I'm pretty good about living in the moment and loving what I'm doing. This is, instead, a dedication to you, to me, to the world and the powers that lie beyond that I am grateful for this thing called Life. I am grateful, and I intend to enjoy it for as long as possible.

I have two long-term goals I wish to see this blog accomplish
1) To immortalize my thoughts and experiences so that I can look back later on and have a moment-by-moment account of the significant events in my life.
2) To do and think things that are important enough and interesting enough to make for a good read.

I can't imagine at the present time what else this might evolve into, but I sincerely hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment